Making History Gold Edition is the expanded and updated version of the original WWII grand strategy game Making History: Calm & the Storm. Command your nation and change the course of history.
Making History: Calm & the Storm Gold Edition is a turn-based grand strategy classic. Play against the world or join an alliance. Attempt to alter history or replay it. This release includes many game updates, key improvements to strategic and tactical gameplay, and features a new Germany focused scenario: “The Rise of the Reich”. In addition to managing the military, players must build, supply and grow a modern industrial base in order to field forces capable of victory. The decision to expand factories, research new weapons or recruit more units is in the hands of the player. War will come and the nation must be prepared.
Games are sold as digital downloads.
Licenses are available for Steam or Non-Steam General License.
- Clean, intuitive interface and gameplay make this one of the easiest grand strategy games to learn, and the open nature of the game combined with the ability to play as any one of over 80 nations offer endless replayability.
- Gold Edition adds new military unit properties and gives you the ability to rename units, preset rally points and set waypoints for more tactical movement. Regions can upgrade defenses, transportation, and food production simultaneously. Better financial reports let you manage your treasury more easily.
- Different victory conditions available: Nation, Alliance, or Ideological (Democracy, Communism, Fascism, or Authoritarianism) You can also go for a domination victory and set the percentage of land you need to control to win the game.
- Ten scenarios included with multiple starting points before and during the war. Plus alternate history and the fantasy scenarios.
- Research, build and deploy a wide variety of ships, submarines, artillery, infantry, tanks, armored vehicles, fighters and bombers. Also research tactics like maneuver warfare, hedgehog defense and amphibious assaults to give your forces bonuses.
- Decide how much of your production is used to generate wealth, stockpile arms, build military units, conduct research, or construct more factories.
- Players control trade, aid, industrial development, infrastructure investments, and a deep field of research.
OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Processor: Pentium 4 or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compliant, Shader 2.0 3D Video Card
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
Other Requirements: Windows-Compliant Keyboard & Mouse